INFO & FAQs
What is the GYPSY RUN?
The East Coast Gypsy Run started in 2007. Inspired by the El Diablo Run a bunch of like minded east coast motorcyclists meet up on the interwebs and planned a motorcycle run. The Gypsy Run ran uninterrupted for ten years. The last few runs started to get a bit predictable, so we took a break.
WHO IS INVITED?
Everyone. As long as you have your shit together, enjoy being around human beings and like to ride.
WHAT TYPE OF BIKES WILL BE ON THE RUN?
We tend towards older bikes of any make. Most of the bikes on previous runs were older Harleys. and garage built choppers. (The first year the Panheads out numbered the Shovelheads.) But don’t let that stop you, Ducatis, Evos, SR650s, Baggers, Sportbikes and Triumphs (old and new). All have rolled on the Gypsy Run. The point is, as long as you can hang, you are welcome. It is the person that makes the bike cool, not the other way around.
HOW LONG IS THE RUN?
This year the run will start on Saturday morning and end on Sunday morning when you ride home. Approximately 220 Miles RT. Maps will be posted before the run.
How Can i pay for camping?
You can pay at the office when you arrive. There is a Twenty Dollar fee ($20) per person for camping.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Don’t be a dick. #dontbeadick
- There is no registration
- The beer at the campsites is free while it lasts. (21 and over)
- Kindly have your shit together.
- Show respect and you will get respect.
- Ride with your head. Find a pace you are comfortable with. It is not a race.
- Clean up after yourself at the campsite.
- Make sure your brake light works.
- Bring rain gear. We ride no matter the weather.
- No Campers.
- No Pit Pikes / Mini Bikes
- Individual Chase Trucks are encouraged.
- We want everybody to have a great time, we just don’t want anyone to die while you are at it. So, Please do not drink and ride.
- Have fun.
- If you’re unsure of how to deal with a challenging situation, please refer to rule number one.