We just posted the GOOGLE ROUTE MAP that you can download to your phone.
We will have printed copies at Cool Beans Saturday Morning and a downloadable PDF on the site tonight.
For the NFG, We will be departing Sat. at 10am from:
Cool Beans Coffee Shop
304 Kinderkamack Rd, Oradell, NJ 07649
A design so simple it’s almost classy and what not! Printed on a super soft Next Level Cotton T-shirt. Available now!
I was at Shop Rite the other day trying to decide between taco shells when a familiar voice said “What the hell Walt… is there going to be a Gypsy Run or not!” Imagine my surprise when I turned around and that voice turned out to be… me. Talking to myself out loud again… (I should really go see someone about this, I’m starting to get concerned.) Anyway! Yes we will have a Gypsy Run this year. Saturday Sept 22nd. 24 hours of Manageable Motorcycle Mayhem. Details to come.
It usually takes a few days after the run to tie up loose ends and get everything back in its proper place. I seem to always forget something! This year it was the brilliant tire patch kits that I was supposed to give out at the campsite from our friends at Progressive Suspension. They also sent a fork spring kit and a set of Classic 412 Shocks for the Big Prize winners! Thanks Guys! So what to do with 25 brilliant tire patch kits? I know. I still feel bad for selling out of shirts so quick so I will randomly add these and some cool stickers to the Gypsy Run X Shirt Post Sale. Ok so that’s that… I feel like we can do better. OK! how about this. One randomly chosen order will get, A patch kit. Two Kickstart shop shirts, and a $100 gift certificate from our friends at Biltwell. Thats better! You have till 12 Noon EST on Sunday Sept. 18 to get your order in. We will then pick the winner. Print all the orders and have everything in the mail to you post haste!
For the past few year’s I have been posting video updates. They were a fun and easy way to get everyone up to speed. I haven’t had a chance to do one this year but if you can sit through last year’s, the MAJOR points remain the same. We spent a ton on special effects, but it was worth every dime!
Longtime friend and sponsor LOWBROW Customs did this great recap for last year’s run.
Here are a few more from last year…
The other day I told you about the amazing Motostuka U Bag travel satchel stuffed to the brim with sponsor based goodness. Well I have another equally brilliant prize for you to strive for. A few years ago Dice magazine did a Biltwell Issue. When you ordered the issue you got a Limited edition Biltwell sissy bar bag as well. The Bag sold out in 32 Seconds. There is no more. They don’t plan on re-issuing it and your chance of getting one is slim to none. Till now. I have one that I am going to stuff full of stuff you want and need. I am going to give this away on Saturday nite’s awards prestention for… something. I don’t know yet, but it will be earned in the best way possible. See you this weekend!
I have been getting a lot of questions about the run this year. More than usual. This is obviously a failure on my part to disseminate information effectively. So lets see if we can fix that.
- Read through our FAQs and NEWS section to see if your answer is there.
- There is no registration or fee to participate in the run.
- The sponsors are not paying for your food, gas or camping.
- We Depart from Cool Beans Coffee Shop Friday Morning at 10 am.
- 304 Kinderkamack Rd, Oradell, NJ 07649
- The chase truck my not be able to help you. Be prepared.
- Make sure your bike is sorted out. Don’t hurt yourself or anyone else.
- If the past is any indication it will RAIN and you will get wet. Be prepaired.
- There are plenty of gas stations and places to eat on the route and around the campsite.
- It is not a RACE. Find a pace you are comfortable with and enjoy the ride.
- Maps will post before the run. As late as possible. There is a good reason for this.
- Printed Maps will be available Friday morning at Cool Beans Coffee shop.
- Saturday’s Maps will be available at the T-shirt Booth Friday Night / Sat Morning.
- We are staying at the same CAMPSITE Friday and Saturday Night
- Narrowsburg Campground 69 De Mauro Lane, Narrowsburg, NY 12764 (800) 252-3925
- There will be a food truck with delicious and affordable food at the campsite.
- Beer is FREE, (You can thank the sponsors for this) while it lasts, as long as you are 21 or older.
- You must PAY for your CAMPSITE. Cost is $20 per person per night.
- You CAN NOT reserve a specific site. First come first served. There is plenty of room for everybody.
- You must CHECK IN at the CAMPSITE office when you arrive and get a wristband.
- You can pay for your CAMPSITE in ADVANCE. This makes check in twice as fast!
- I can’t recommend this enough! You should really do this.
The Events / Awards
- You can sign up for the EVENTS at the t-shirt booth.
- You may win a trophy, bragging rights and awesome prizes.
- Judges will have final say if disputes arise.
- No bribing judges! (Just kidding, you can TOTALLY bribe the judges.)
I think that covers it? Seriously, if you still have questions email us and I will do my best to get right back to you.
Well is is that time of year. The inspiring, Herculean effort by our brave Olympians got me thinking about the annual gypsy run games.They have been good in the past, but I know we can do better. Ya know… for America!
Introducing the 2016 Gypsy Run Games!
- Ax throwing
- Knife throwing
- Dunlop Horseshoes
- Kayak Races ( Kayaks towed by motorcycles around a corse.)
We obviously have given this a lot of thought so it’s understandable that we have little to no rules as of today. You can sign up on Friday at the T-shirt booth and we should have all the details worked out by then.
Good Luck and Godspeed!