Here we go again! the Gypsy Run will be on Sept 10, 11 and 12 – 2021. We will be making a bunch of announcements over the next few weeks about tickets and reservations so follow our Instagram and Twitter for the latest news.
Gypsy Run 2019
Camping is first-come, first-served so show up anytime after noon on Friday and grab a spot. Be prepared to share with other riders. This ain’t no motorhome party, so cars, trucks will be parked in a designated lot, but not in the camping area itself. The actual camping area is reserved for motorcyclists only. Also to keep you all entertained we will have… Ride In Bike Show | Vendors | Food Trucks | Tire Horseshoes | Flaming Axe Throwing | Kickstart Race | Push start race | Mini Bike Drag Racing | Mini Bike TT Race | Kayak Races (Kayaks towed by motorcycles around a corse.) …and someone will get a FREE motorcycle.
I was at Shop Rite the other day trying to decide between taco shells when a familiar voice said “What the hell Walt… is there going to be a Gypsy Run or not!” Imagine my surprise when I turned around and that voice turned out to be… me. Talking to myself out loud again… (I should really go see someone about this, I’m starting to get concerned.) Anyway! Yes we will have a Gypsy Run this year. Saturday Sept 22nd. 24 hours of Manageable Motorcycle Mayhem. Details to come.
I have been getting a lot of questions about the run this year. More than usual. This is obviously a failure on my part to disseminate information effectively. So lets see if we can fix that.
- Read through our FAQs and NEWS section to see if your answer is there.
- There is no registration or fee to participate in the run.
- The sponsors are not paying for your food, gas or camping.
- We Depart from Cool Beans Coffee Shop Friday Morning at 10 am.
- 304 Kinderkamack Rd, Oradell, NJ 07649
- The chase truck my not be able to help you. Be prepared.
- Make sure your bike is sorted out. Don’t hurt yourself or anyone else.
- If the past is any indication it will RAIN and you will get wet. Be prepaired.
- There are plenty of gas stations and places to eat on the route and around the campsite.
- It is not a RACE. Find a pace you are comfortable with and enjoy the ride.
- Maps will post before the run. As late as possible. There is a good reason for this.
- Printed Maps will be available Friday morning at Cool Beans Coffee shop.
- Saturday’s Maps will be available at the T-shirt Booth Friday Night / Sat Morning.
- We are staying at the same CAMPSITE Friday and Saturday Night
- Narrowsburg Campground 69 De Mauro Lane, Narrowsburg, NY 12764 (800) 252-3925
- There will be a food truck with delicious and affordable food at the campsite.
- Beer is FREE, (You can thank the sponsors for this) while it lasts, as long as you are 21 or older.
- You must PAY for your CAMPSITE. Cost is $20 per person per night.
- You CAN NOT reserve a specific site. First come first served. There is plenty of room for everybody.
- You must CHECK IN at the CAMPSITE office when you arrive and get a wristband.
- You can pay for your CAMPSITE in ADVANCE. This makes check in twice as fast!
- I can’t recommend this enough! You should really do this.
The Events / Awards
- You can sign up for the EVENTS at the t-shirt booth.
- You may win a trophy, bragging rights and awesome prizes.
- Judges will have final say if disputes arise.
- No bribing judges! (Just kidding, you can TOTALLY bribe the judges.)
I think that covers it? Seriously, if you still have questions email us and I will do my best to get right back to you.
410 U.S. 46, South Hackensack, NJ 07606 (201) 440-4476Airport Motel
636 U.S. 46, Teterboro, NJ (201) 440-1690 (0.9 mi S)
650 Terrace Avenue, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ (201) 288-6100 (0.5 mi W)
Hotels near Cool Beans (Fridays starting point)
393 New Jersey 17 Paramus, NJ 07652 (201) 265-4201
Comfort Inn & Suites
211 New Jersey 17 Paramus, NJ 07652 (877) 587-6266
601 From Road Paramus, NJ 07652 (201) 262-6900
The dates for the Seventh Annual Gypsy Run are Sept 13, 14 & 15. 2013. That’s right, Friday the 13th.
Australian Jesus and The Golden Motorcycle by Reg Mombassa
First off I would like to thank all of you that support the run. Without you it would be kinda boring. In our fifth year we are going to try something different. Don’t worry, we are not changing anything that makes the Gypsy Run what it is. Long story short, we are teaming up with the Brooklyn Invitational Bike Show to give you and yours more than a week worth of events in and around the New York area. It goes something like this, Pre Run Party, Gypsy Run, Super secret invite only party (Shhhh! Don’t tell anyone!) DicE ParTy then we cap it off with the best bike show on the east coast! As you can imagine we are all working hard to make our fifth anniversary something to remember. as soon as details are set you will see it here first. We have set up on the Twitter, the Facebook and Blogger as well. So pick yer favorite social heroin and stay tuned!
I hope you have had a chance to catch up on your sleep and get yer bike together, cause it is gonna be a busy year! The official dates for this years run are SEPTEMBER 9th, 10th & 11th.
This friday we will have a announcement with more details about this years run. We are making some major changes in our fifth year that we hope everyone will agree are going to make the event even better.
So mark your calendar, take some days off work. sort your bike out and come on along!